New Relic has added free Server Monitoring as a core capability of its SaaS application performance management (APM) tool, giving organizations visibility into critical resource utilization as well as deeper insight into cloud application performance. This feature combines with availability monitoring, Real User Monitoring, and Application Monitoring to create an unparalleled solution for ensuring business-critical web applications meet high standards for performance and availability. Other significant features released today include application topology mapping, browser transaction tracing, support for Python and advanced SQL statement analysis.
- New Relic Server Monitoring measures critical system metrics for CPU, Memory, Network Activity and Processes, and delivers them in context with application performance and end-user monitoring data in a single user interface. Users can drill down from a specific application performance issue directly to the system-level root cause.
- New Relic users deployed in either a private or public cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services, gain deep visibility into server availability and system resource issues affecting application performance, directly from their New Relic user interface. New Relic's cloud partners using server monitoring can quickly address system issues affecting customer application performance and more efficiently deliver system resources to hosted applications.
- With Application Mapping, users get a topology view of connected services and resources within the application environment to better understand the health of application objects. Browser transaction tracing enables users to collect data on individual transaction requests for better understanding of specific performance issues. Slow SQL tracking lets users identify the slowest SQL calls and presents them in a single, separate view for faster remediation.
- With over 13,000 active accounts reporting over 25 billion performance metrics per day, New Relic's SaaS solution is the only multi-platform, multi-language APM tool that delivers visibility into real user experiences, application performance, and web server resources in a single, all-in-one view.
- Python support is now available from New Relic, and when combined with existing support for Java, Ruby, PHP, and .NET creates the most comprehensive multi-platform application performance management tool available today.
Availability & Pricing
New Relic Server Monitoring, App Map, browser transaction tracing and Slow SQL tracking are available today and are automatically included in all New Relic editions at no extra cost. Customers simply need to upgrade their agent to the latest release and follow the onscreen instructions for enabling these features.