uptime software, Inc., has released uptimeCloud, the only real-time cloud cost monitoring software as a service (SaaS) tool on the market.
uptimeCloud is the simple and most accurate way to monitor, forecast and provide showback (exactly who was using what and how much it cost) for Amazon AWS users, in real-time. uptimeCloud eliminates complex cloud usage pricing by delivering complete visibility into cloud computing costs, across departments, applications, lines-of-business (LOB), locations, users, instances and much more.
uptime software introduces the idea of "economic cloud intelligence," providing dashboards that easily monitor and measure the cost of cloud deployments in real-time, predict future cloud costs based on actual workloads, provide automated cloud cost-saving recommendations, and help IT departments easily break out cloud cost and usage by department, line-of-business, application, SLA, location, user, internal budget code and more. uptimeCloud provides IT with a complete toolset for ensuring cloud deployments are both visible in real-time from a cost perspective and achieving the greatest cost savings at the right level of performance.
The release of uptimeCloud includes:
Real-time Cloud Cost Monitoring:
- Complete Cost Visibility from the CIO Down: Real-time (to-the-minute) visibility from the CIO to the day-to-day administrator.
- Removes Cloud Cost Concerns: Removes the risk of cloud cost over-runs by showing IT cloud costs in real-time. Provides the CIO and all managers with accurate monthly cloud budgeting.
- Cloud Cost Insurance: Validates calculations and cloud modeling. For a fraction of the cost of cloud modeling tools and consulting assessments, uptimeCloud provides the exact cost of a cloud deployment within seconds of deploying it.
- Deploys in Seconds, Exponentially Scalable: uptimeCloud automatically populates in seconds and easily aggregates many Amazon accounts.
Innovative Cloud Cost Predictions:
- Accurately Predicts Cloud Costs: Instantly and accurately estimates monthly AWS cloud bills based on actual, up-to-the-minute cloud usage -- by hour, day, week, month or year.
- Budget Alerting: Allows users to create a monthly budget, and alerts are sent when cloud costs are projected to go over budget.
- The Cloud Cost 'Early Warning System:' When changes are made in a cloud deployment, uptimeCloud automatically shows how those changes will impact a cloud budget.
- Enable Cloud Agility: Provides insight into new projects and initiatives with 100 percent visibility to real-time changes in cost.
Cloud Cost Management and Showback:
- Fast, Accurate Cost Breakdown: Delivers total company cloud cost or breaks out costs by application, SLA, line-of-business (LOB), project, user, location, account and instance.
- Forecast Cloud Costs by Project, Department, Regions, etc: As departments, regions or users deploy new projects, infrastructure or applications in the cloud, uptimeCloud automatically predicts monthly costs.
- Cuts Cloud Costs: Automated budget-saving recommendations pinpoint real costs savings and provide actual dollar amounts in savings to be had. Intelligent dashboards show over-provisioning and wasted cloud resources (zombies, etc.), offering clear and actionable data to save IT budget.