WatchDox, secure document sharing solution, announced today the release of its new enterprise sync feature. Previously, WatchDox provided personal sync folders that could be accessed via multiple devices. With the new enterprise sync, WatchDox provides a secure sync for entire collaborative workspaces.
The Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) movement in the enterprise has raised security concerns and security innovation. WatchDox gives enterprises the freedom of mobility with full document security. Consumer-style cloud storage allows people to access documents that can then be emailed out to whoever. WatchDox allows you to set controls on who can view a document and what they are allowed to do with it. Those controls are enforced on every platform, from the desktop to the tablet to the smartphone. The controls are both dynamic and persistent, so that if a partnership ends or an employee leaves the organization, an enterprise can revoke access to synced data, even if it has already been downloaded to a home PC or synced to a personal iPad. In addition, WatchDox offers a virtual appliance deployment option for customers that prefer not to store their files in the cloud.
With WatchDox’s new sync feature, enterprises can:
- Enable users to sync documents from any device, including PCs, smartphones and tablets, into both personal sync folders and collaborative workspaces;
- Set enterprise policies to automatically protect and track synced files;
- Track everything that happens to documents, including when they are accessed, shared and edited, for compliance and visibility;
- Revoke access to individual devices, not just users, even after files have been downloaded; and
- Seamlessly use enterprise authentication mechanisms, such as Active Directory (when WatchDox is deployed on premise).